The Entrepreneurs Club – Episode 2
“There is no failure, there is just learning, and learning is good” – Jackie Mellor
It was another very interesting episode of The Entrepreneurs Club with Jackie Mellor an amazing Photographer/Entrepreneur based in Essex. Jackie came across very bright and knowledgeable about business.
In this series, I asked Jackie questions pertaining to Entrepreneurship issues encountered constantly by business owners and how she has been able to learn and deal with them as she progressed in her business journey. As a photographer, Jackie has been able to combine her natural creativity with running a busy which is challenging in its own right. I certainly learnt a lot from our interview and I hope you do too.
Here is a summary of what I learnt from our interview.
- Remain relevant in your business by following trends and taking advantage of technology.
- You need to be aware of your surroundings, even politically in order to be able to position your business and adapt accordingly
- Build your infrastructure in place, and learn the business in-depth before going to the bank to ask for a loan.
- Try and find other ways of generating cash when you are about to launch your start up.
- Let your pricing reflect yourself and your business; don’t worry if its too high or too low.
- When it comes to failure, it is in the mind. Think around the situation and come up with solutions.
As with all the other videos in this series, there is a short and full version of this video depending on your preference. Please feel free to leave your comments, observations at the end of the videos. You might also want to participate in the Entrepreneurs Club Series, if that is the case, you can contact me with details of your business via email – email@example.com.
Enjoy the videos:
Here’s the short version:
Here’s the full version: